- December 30, 2016: Dave's great friend, Norm Macdonald, was on Howard Stern for 1:45 on Dec. 7, 2016. (YouTube)
- December 30, 2016: The New Yorker Radio Hour has released Episode 63, a 25-minute interview of David Letterman by Susan Morrison. Look for the link David Letterman on Life After Late Night. I listened to this on New Year's Day. It was so good to both catch up with Dave, and hear him reflect on milestones along his journey in comedy and late night TV. Susan Morrison did a great job.
- December 11, 2016: Here's a newly-discovered Pinterest board with photos of Dave, including a number I haven't seen before.
- December 11, 2016: All bundled up for winter, David Letterman volunteered with Habitat for Humanity in New Orleans on Dec. 10, as reported by WWL-TV.
- December 7, 2016: Paul Shaffer was interviewed by Rita Ryan on 91.3 WVKR. The program starts with music, followed by the 25-minute interview with Paul. The interview was conducted before Paul played at The Falcon in Malboro, New York, later that day.
- December 7, 2016: This caught me by surprise. David Letterman has interviewed Tina Fey for the December 2016 issue of The Hollywood Reporter.
- November 21, 2016: You have to see this. Tom "Bones" Malone appeared on TheNiteShowMaine in November 2016. Here are links to YouTube videos of an interview about the forming of The Blues Brothers, and Tom playing "Sweet Home Chicago."
- October 28, 2016: Dave's episode of Years of Living Dangerously, A Race Against Time, is available for download on iTunes! Dave's episode is free! (I have an old version of iTunes, and it wouldn't play the 1.72 GB video after downloading, claiming my system doesn't work with the latest digital rights management technology.)
- October 28, 2016: Here's the latest video from Dave's trip to India with National Geographic. It's David Letterman Explores the Countryside.
- October 24, 2016: The Late Show's great friend, Bill Murray, was honored on October 23, 2016 at the Kennedy Center with the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. Dave was there to help honor him. (video.) Here are Dave and Paul at Bill Murray's Mark Twain Prize event on October 23, 2016. (YouTube)
Re-entry: Thanks to Don Giller, I found this complete video of The Kennedy Center Mark Twain Prize program. It's 1:24:08, so bring a snack. You'll see all kinds of celebrity tributes, including Brian Doyle-Murray, Jane Curtin, Paul Shaffer and Dave.
- October 21, 2016: Expert Star Trek and Letterman fan Helen Read was the featured guest on the October 20 episode of the The Geek Questioner podcast. She's on for 01:05:51, and her episode is entitled The Vulcan Philharmonic. Helen's there the whole time, but her interview begins at 43 minutes in.
- October 15, 2016: Optimistic in India is another preview of Dave's National Geographic documentary, Into the Light, on Years of Living Dangerously, to air on October 30 at 8 ET.
- October 15, 2016: Jason Zinoman will release Letterman: The Last Giant of Late Night on 4-11-17, the eve of Dave's 70th birthday. I don't know if the biography is endorsed by Dave. Having watched Dave for 8,000 hours (counting repeats), I don't know what aspect of his life isn't already well-documented. We shall see.
- October 14, 2016: Dave Itzkoff has an in-depth piece in The New York Times for Oct. 13, David Letterman (and His Beard) Shop at Target These Days. Topics are Dave's beard, adjustment to retirement and his documentary on India for Years of Living Dangerously.
- October 10, 2016: David Letterman Goes to India is the latest preview of Dave's National Geographic documentary, Into the Light, on Years of Living Dangerously, to air on October 30 at 8 ET.
- October 8, 2016: Here's a recap of David Letterman at The New Yorker Festival on 10/07/16. This event last 01:39, and was both an interview by Susan Morrison of The New Yorker, and audience questions. My friend Don Giller has a video on YouTube.
- October 5, 2016: It's time to visit Kickstarter and pledge for issue 3 of The American Bystander! A $5 pledge will get you a PDF of #3. A pledge of $20 will get you #3 in paper, and more support gets you additional combinations of print and PDF versions. Some of the writers in #3 include Merrill Markoe (Late Night with David Letterman), Gahan Wilson (Playboy, National Lampoon) and Steve Young (Letterman). Here's a review in Newsweek.
- October 2, 2016: Obviously I'm late on the draw here, but from August 2015 is If These Walls Could Talk..., a well-done history of the Ed Sullivan Theater, which opened in 1927. In addition to Ed and Dave, it was home to Candid Camera, To Tell the Truth and What's My Line?. (link) While you're in the neighborhood, see Jerry Foley's memories of the Ed, in House Party. (link)
- October 1, 2016: Paul Shaffer and the NYC Orchestra... now there's a new name for the CBSO! Paul's bringing his band home to Thunder Bay, for a one-night performance on October 7. I wish I had a passport! (story) I can't wait for the new record!
- August 1, 2016: David Letterman: Behind the Scenes of Late Night's Longest Running Broadcaster was hosted on July 30, 2015 by Regis Philbin. A panel including Jerry Foley, Biff Henderson, Barbara Gaines, Steve Young and Steve O'Donnell reflected on Dave's Legacy, fun with Biff, the history of the Top Ten, writing the monologues, Rupert Jee, first impressions of Dave and more. Get some snacks. It lasts 01:13. (complete) (topic areas)
- July 22, 2016: Over 3,000 of David Letterman's TV props and costumes, spanning 31 years, will be sold online, Sept. 19-23, 2016 story photo 1 photo 2
- July 21, 2016: Released on May 19, Leaving Letterman, Part 1 is a compilation of memories from Dave's longtime staff. They look back at learning of Dave's announcement, through the 13 months until the end. (link) Thanks and congratulations to Walter Kim @Wakeem for his excellent work on this!
- July 20, 2016: Released today, Leaving Letterman, Part 2 continues visits with longtime staff, focusing on their job search after many years of security. It's more excellent work by Walter Kim, @Wakeem, Senior Video Writer/Producer at LinkedIn (link)
- July 5, 2016: Letterman Memories @ByeLetterman have released another exceptional interview, this time with Rob Burnett. It's both a look at his years with Dave, from an internship to executive producer, to producing The Fundamentals of Caring, with Paul Rudd and Selena Gomez, released on June 24.
- June 1, 2016: Here's your chance to see David Letterman being presented with his Peabody Award. On Pivot via YouTube, it's the 75th Anniversary Peabody Awards on 5/21/16.
- June 1, 2016: On NBC on June 12 at 6:00 CDT, On Assignment, a six-episode newsmagazine, will launch. The first episode includes a visit with David Letterman and Tom Brokaw.
- May 26, 2016: David Letterman, in this 43-minute Start Your Engines Podcast, recalls his lifelong love of the Indianapolis 500, and his current role with Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing.
- May 22, 2016: Here's a transcript of some of David Letterman's acceptance speech at the Peabody Awards on 5/21/16.
- May 21, 2016: Bill Scheft tweeted a photo of Late Show staff at the 2016 Peabody Awards, including Jay Johnson, Jerry Foley, Brian Teta, Steve Young, Matt Roberts, Barbara Gaines and Scheft. David Letterman won a Peabody Award on 5/21/16.
- May 21, 2016: Wahoo Gazette: The Final Five
Mike McIntee is posting his final Wahoo Gazette editions on his Wordpress site. I never missed reading the Gazette. It always added to my enjoyment of the show.
- Thursday, May 14, 2015 
- Friday, May 15, 2015 
- Monday, May 18, 2015 
- Tuesday, May 19, 2015 
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015  (including shout outs to me and Don Giller!)
- May 21, 2016: Walter Kim wrote this one-year-later reflection, I Lost My Dream Job in Front of 14 Million People on 5/20/16.
- May 20, 2016: Released on May 19, Leaving Letterman, Part 1 is a compilation of memories from Dave's longtime staff. They look back at learning of Dave's announcement, through the 13 months until the end. (link) Thanks and congratulations to Walter Kim @Wakeem for his excellent work on this!
- May 13, 2016: "A Part of History - The Final Late Show" is a reflection by Dave Fan Matthew Biesiada, based on his audience experience at the May 20, 2015 taping. Be sure to have a look! (link)
- May 13, 2016: Be sure to have a look at this excellent interview with longtime Letterman writer Bill Scheft. Bill reflects on his 23+ years writing for Dave, the last days of the Late Show and the year since its end. Visit Letterman Memories @ByeLetterman for a wealth of coverage on Dave's shows.
- May 13, 2016: Judd Apatow to Seth Meyers: David Letterman is like Bigfoot to comedians. (YouTube, May 12, 2016)
- May 8, 2016: Keep up with and support Steve Young's Industrial Musicals Movie project here. David Letterman has signed on as executive producer.
- May 6, 2016: Our TV pal David Letterman appeared at an observance of the 5th anniversary of Joining Forces and the 75th anniversary of the USO on May 5, 2016. (Stars and Stripes story) Jon Stewart was the emcee. Some politicians were there, too. (1:37:00 YouTube video) (Dave's appearance only, 49 MB)
Here's a second YouTube video, entitled "That Stayed with Me," in which Dave recalls the visit he, Paul Shaffer and Biff Henderson had to a makeshift military hospital, witnessing the courage of gravely wounded soldiers.
- April 26, 2016: According to Variety, David Letterman and The Daily Show will be receiving Peabody Awards on May 21 in New York. Dave also won the award in 1992, representing his work in 1991. (Wikipedia) Look! Mr. Peabody (no, not that Mr. Peabody) has quite a beard, too!
George Foster Peabody, 1907
- April 25, 2016: Paul Shaffer and the World's Most Dangerous Band was involved with a fundraiser in NYC for Bernie Worrell on April 4.
- April 24, 2016: Conan O'Brien delivered a wonderful eulogy for Garry Shandling, who unexpectedly died on April 23. He has it posted on YouTube. It brings to mind the moving eulogies Dave gave for Robin Williams, Joan Rivers, George Miller and others.
- March 1, 2016: It's time to visit Kickstarter to help fund the second issue of American Bystander. Our friend Steve Young is a contributing writer. You can pledge from $5 to truckloads of dough. $25 gets you a print copy of the second issue, plus PDFs of #1 and #2. / April 2016: It's a go! Here's an update.
- January 19, 2016: You have to see this! Gary Ireland has put together an unequaled compilation of tributes, from back in May, from Jon Stewart, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon and Norm Macdonald on the occasion of his retirement. It's beautifully edited, and the video quality is excellent. These are sincere expressions of admiration and appreciation of Dave. I am in awe of what Gary has created for us! (link)
A Few Words from DDY – Past Years
DDY's Headlines and News, 2000 - 2014